Test web applications using Apache JMeter with practical, hands-on examples
About This Book
- Create realistic and maintainable scripts for web applications
- Effectively use various JMeter components to achieve testing goals
- Leverage the cloud for distributed testing
Who This Book Is For
This book is great for developers, quality assurance engineers, testers, and test managers new to Apache JMeter, or those who are looking to get a good grounding in how to effectively use and become proficient with JMeter. No prior testing experience is required.
What You Will Learn
- Set up and prepare Apache JMeter for testing
- Record test scenarios or create them from scratch
- Test RESTful web services
- Effectively monitor resources during performance tests
- Build realistic, comprehensive, and maintainable test plans
- Understand distributed testing using Vagrant, AWS, Flood.io, and BlazeMeter
- Extend JMeter functionality through plugins
- Understand and effectively use JMeter components to achieve testing needs
This book is a practical, hands-on guide that equips you with all the essential skills needed to effectively use JMeter to test web applications using a number of clear, step-by-step recipes.
The book starts with the basics of performance testing and teaches you how to go about recording your first test. The book then focuses on distributed testing, teaching you how to configure master and slave nodes as well as leverage the cloud and launch AWS instances. The book ends with some tips and best practices with regard to performance testing such as how to use the debug sampler, H2 database, dummy sampler, and MongoDB sampler, among others.
By the end of the book, you will have learned how to take full advantage of the real power behind Apache JMeter, quickly taking you from a novice to an expert.
Frequently Bought Together
This item: Performance Testing with Jmeter - Second Edition$39.99