70 insightful and practical recipes to help you successfully use Apache JMeter
About This Book
- Leverage existing cloud services for distributed testing and learn to employ your own cloud infrastructure when needed
- Successfully integrate JMeter into your continuous delivery workflow allowing you to deliver high quality products
- Test application supporting services and resources including RESTful, SOAP, JMS, FTP and Database
Who This Book Is For
This book is great for you if you are a developer, quality assurance engineer, tester, or test manager who is looking to get a firmer grasp of elementary, deep, and advanced testing concepts using Apache JMeter. It’s assumed you have access to a computer and an Internet connection. No prior testing or programming experience is required, but would be helpful.
What You Will Learn
- Numerous ways to record test plans or handcraft them from scratch
- Successfully test supporting application services and resources such as RESTful, SOAP, JMS, FTP, and data stores
- Effectively monitor application and infrastructure resources during a performance test
- Use existing cloud services for distributed testing and rolling your own cloud infrastructure when needed
- Develop custom JMeter plugins from scratch and use existing ones to extend JMeter’s functionality
- Deliver quality products by successfully integrating JMeter into your continuous delivery workflow
- Tune JMeter for better overall performance
- Build realistic, comprehensive, and maintainable test plans
Performance testing is critical to the success of any software product launch and continued scalability. No matter the size of the user base of an application, it is crucial to deliver the best user experience to consumers. Apache JMeter is an excellent testing tool that provides an insight on how applications might behave under load, allowing organizations to focus on making adequate preparations for the delivery of quality, robust, and foolproof applications to stakeholders.
This hands-on guide will equip you with the all the skills you need to effectively use JMeter to test web applications and supporting services. With over 50 carefully selected recipes, you will learn how to take full advantage of JMeter for all your testing needs, overcome any challenges you face, and optimize the knowledge you already have.