Boost the efficiency of your enterprise applications by performance tuning and optimization
About This Book
- Learn to plan a performance investigation in enterprise applications
- Build a performance troubleshooting strategy
- Design and implement high performing Java enterprise applications
Who This Book Is For
If you are an experienced Java developer, architect, team leader, consultant, support engineer, or anyone else who needs performance tuning in your Java applications, and in particular, Java enterprise applications, this book is for you. No prior experience of performance tuning is required.
What You Will Learn
- Master the art of performance tuning and become a performance tuning expert
- Create and execute enterprise performance tests
- Understand the fundamentals of Java needed for performance tuning
- Use a number of profiling tools to diagnose common performance issues
- Understand the basic aspects of the Java virtual machine and application server performance tuning
- Design guidelines for better enterprise application performance
- Discover different Java optimization tips and tricks
- Tune a real-world sample application
With the expansion of online enterprise services, the performance of an enterprise application has become a critical issue. Even the smallest change to service availability can severely impact customer satisfaction, which can cause the enterprise to incur huge losses. Performance tuning is a challenging topic that focuses on resolving tough performance issues.
In this book, you will explore the art of performance tuning from all perspectives using a variety of common tools, while studying many examples.
This book covers performance tuning in Java enterprise applications and their optimization in a simple, step-by-step manner. Beginning with the essential concepts of Java, the book covers performance tuning as an art. It then gives you an overview of performance testing and different monitoring tools. It also includes examples of using plenty of tools, both free and paid.