Automate your infrastructure using code and leverage DevOps with Chef
About This Book
- Leverage the power of Chef to transform your infrastructure into code to deploy new features in minutes
- Understand the Chef architecture and its various components including the different types of server setups
- Packed with practical examples and industry best practices for real-world situations
Who This Book Is For
If you are a system administrator, Linux administrator, cloud developer, cloud administrator, or someone who just wants to learn and apply Chef automation to your existing or new infrastructure, this book is for you. Some real-time understanding of IT processes and familiarity with Linux systems, Ruby, and JSON is essential.
What You Will Learn
- Learn the basic fundamentals of automation and gain a detailed architectural understanding of each component of Chef
- Install all the components of Chef, including troubleshooting instructions
- Explore the intricacies of Cookbook writing and every component of a Cookbook
- Work with the open source Chef server and learn about its installation on a virtual machine
- Discover the Private Chef Server and its various types of installations
- Familiarize yourself with the best practices while working with Chef, and the various consumer case studies of different types of Chef deployment for their infrastructure
Chef automation helps to transform infrastructure into simple code. This means that building, rebuilding, configuration, and scaling to meet your customer’s needs is possible in just a few minutes in a real-time environment.
This book begins with the conceptual architecture of Chef, walking you through detailed descriptions of every Chef element. You will learn the procedure to set up your workstation and how to create a Cookbook in a hosted Chef environment.
Private Chef Server setup is covered in depth, with information on the necessity of on-premise Private Chef deployment, benefits, and installation and configuration procedures for the different types of Private Chef servers including standalone, tiered, and high-availability.
This book sheds light on industry best practices with practical Chef scenarios and examples.
Frequently Bought Together
This item: Learning Chef$49.99