“If you’re a developer trying to figure out why your application is not responding at 3 am, you need this book! This is now my go-to book when diagnosing production issues. It has saved me hours in troubleshooting complicated operations problems.”
–Trotter Cashion, cofounder, Mashion
DevOps can help developers, QAs, and admins work together to solve Linux server problems far more rapidly, significantly improving IT performance, availability, and efficiency. To gain these benefits, however, team members need common troubleshooting skills and practices.
In DevOps Troubleshooting: Linux Server Best Practices , award-winning Linux expert Kyle Rankin brings together all the standardized, repeatable techniques your team needs to stop finger-pointing, collaborate effectively, and quickly solve virtually any Linux server problem. Rankin walks you through using DevOps techniques to troubleshoot everything from boot failures and corrupt disks to lost email and downed websites. You’ll master indispensable skills for diagnosing high-load systems and network problems in production environments.
Rankin shows how to
- Master DevOps’ approach to troubleshooting and proven Linux server problem-solving principles
- Diagnose slow servers and applications by identifying CPU, RAM, and Disk I/O bottlenecks
- Understand healthy boots, so you can identify failure points and fix them
- Solve full or corrupt disk issues that prevent disk writes
- Track down the sources of network problems
- Troubleshoot DNS, email, and other network services
- Isolate and diagnose Apache and Nginx Web server failures and slowdowns
- Solve problems with MySQL and Postgres database servers and queries
- Identify hardware failures–even notoriously elusive intermittent failures
Frequently Bought Together
This item: DevOps Troubleshooting: Linux Server Best Practices$22.39